Wednesday, June 23, 2010

First Day

Today was Kody's first day of his internship. That is weird to say, type and think. Everything he has worked so hard for started today. This week is orientation. He will be going through certifications, HR paperwork, schedules, benefits, hospital tours, etc. The real fun begins on July 1st. He finds out tomorrow about his schedule. Intern years are pretty similar no matter the hospital or specialty. Most of them go through a month or so of some sort of internal medicine, ER, general surgery, family and a few others scattered here or there. Interns don't do much in their specialty until their 2nd year.

He texted me today and said, "My badge says Dr. King". I laughed a little bit. How amazing and strange all at the same time!

I'm praying hard that we will get an offer on our home soon. As sad as I am to leave our home, I am so excited to be with him in Michigan and start our new life. Bailey is ready too. She already misses her daddy.

In other news, I'm gearing up for my ten year high school reunion this weekend. I'm looking forward to spending time with friends before the big move. I know this will be the last time I will see a lot of these people for a very long time. I'm so blessed that I am still so close with so many of my wonderful friends from high school. I know I will stay close with them for years to come as well. Thanks world wide web and Al Gore.

1 comment:

SeekerofGrace said...

I'm super late catching up, but congrats again. I'm praying your home sells quickly! I've totally been there... ;o) It will sell!! And congrats Dr King!! Woohoo!! That makes you Mrs Dr King! he he...