Monday, August 23, 2010

It Finally Happened...

Our house is SOLD! Last Wednesday we had a showing about 6:45 in the evening. Bailey and I just decided to go for a walk during that time so we could spy on the visitors. They were there for over thirty minutes. Good sign. They had a little boy probably about a year and a half old. Precious. Thursday night they made an offer. Friday morning after countering twice we accepted. Saturday all the paper work was signed. We hope to close around September 22nd.

What does this mean for me? I'm finally making it up to Michigan! I'm so excited to be reunited with Kody. Honestly, the time table could not have worked out better, which I knew would be the case. Kody had a very busy first two months and while I don't think it is ever "better" for us to not be together, I am very glad he did not have to worry about me being alone in a new place while he was working. Now he feels more established, he has made friends, I will have friends, I have a job and I have miss Bailey. We have a lease on a one bedroom apartment until the end of September. We hope to find a rental home near the hospital we can be in by the end of the month! That is top priority when I get there.

Thank you to everyone for all the prayers, sweet emails and phone calls during the last few months. It has been crazy, demanding, frustrating and rewarding all at the same time. God continues to take care of us like He always does. We never doubted for a minute that He would not pave the path for us, we were just little anxious about the time line. :)

In other news, Kody and I are going here in October for a little R&R and celebration! We will be going to my cousin's wedding in Fort Myers after. A whole nine days in Florida. I will be in heaven!


6 comments:

Bea said...

CONGRATS!!!! SUCH GREAT NEWS!!!

Darrica said...

So happy for you girl!!!!!!!!1

katyjo30 said...

Tell me you're going to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter!

Hi, I'm Ginny said...

No Wizarding World Katy...that is at Universal!

Melody said...

So glad it sold! God is good! Will you be at Labor Day at Linda's at all?

Jessi said...

Such wonderful news! Do you have to stay until the closing?

Disney...how fun! It will be so wonderful to get that time together after being apart for a couple of months.