Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Day 12

Day 12: What Do You Believe?

OK I'm playing catch up...

I think it is funny how some beliefs change so much as you get older and others just become stronger.

I believe we were all put here for a reason and that we all have a purpose. I believe God designed us with a specific idea in mind. I believe in honoring that purpose and living my life to the fullest. I'm not exactly sure what my purpose is yet. Sometimes I think it is to make sure Kody makes it through the day without forgetting everything and sometimes I think it is to make the world a better place. Most of the time, I think my purpose is to honor the One that made me and just do the right thing and treat people well.

Some of my beliefs have changed. I used to want to take over the world. I've always been very ambitious. I'm still ambitious, but it different ways. I no longer care about titles that come along with jobs. I don't care about making a certain amount of money. I don't care about having the nicest things. I care about being able to spend time with the people I love. I believe my day should be spent doing things that make me happy and bring my joy rather than things that bring me stress and worry. I believe in seizing the day, not procrastinating.

This is where I am right now in my life. I am actually leaving my current job at the end of the month and I am starting my own media business. More on that later, but there is no time like the present. We never know how long we have and I don't want to look back in twenty years and say, "I wish...."

I believe in cultivating friendships. I have been blessed to have many wonderful friends, but friendship takes work. Whether it be a text, a voice message, a poke on facebook or lunch once a month...I believe friendship takes effort and should not be neglected. I'm not always the best, but I try. I love my friends. They mean the world to me.

Lastly, I believe in taking care of myself. Along with my faith, this is probably the strongest of my beliefs. It breaks my heart to see people who have let life get the best of them and have neglected themselves. Whether it be physically or mentally, both are equally important. Health is a big deal in our house. A day in our home kind of revolves around it, which is great. We stock our fridge with healthy food and snacks. We turned part of our garage into a great gym so we never have an excuse to let more than a few days go by without being active. We aren't fanatical in a scary way, but we are dedicated. We have seen friends and family suffer with health problems. We are both determined to do whatever we can do to help prevent that for ourselves. Even though we are both very busy, we make it a priority. I believe food is fuel, but can still be fun and I believe that everyone has ten minutes a day to do something active, even if you feel like you don't.

I do not believe in excuses....for anything.

The reason I love CrossFit and being a CrossFit coach so much is because It. Changes. Lives. I love being part of that change for others. I love encouraging people to be better. I love being around people that encourage and challenge me to be better.

Those are the things I believe in.

Oh yeah, and still believe Justin Timberlake will fall in love with me someday. Kody is cool with it.

No comments: