Friday, July 6, 2007

Cake and eBay

This weekend kind of marks the end of an era. It's the last weekend this summer that Kody and I are both "required" to be in Edmond. Required is probably the wrong word because we love the reason we have been down there, wedding cake! I do love me some wedding cake. Anyway, today is actually my dad's birthday, so we will also be partaking in birthday cake. My mom and I had planned to take him to a nice dinner at Cattleman's Steakhouse downtown, but he decided he would rather go eat at IHOP and see Transformers. He's funny like that. Saturday is Lindsay and Nate's wedding. It looks like they are going to have some really nice, hot weather. Luckily it is in the evening so sweating shouldn't be too much of a problem. I love seeing my friends gets married. I feel lucky that I have been able to witness so many of my friends marriages. It truly is a privilege.

In other news, I have been researching outdoor ceiling fans. Kody is redoing the back patio and building a covered area for me for my birthday. I'm also currently in a bidding war on eBay to get Mario Kart for Nintendo 64, which we acquired from his brother I believe. It's the only video game I have ever liked that wasn't DDR, Guitar Hero, or Karaoke Revolution. If I get out bid I might flip out. Once I was in a bidding war for a t-shirt that said "Virginia, Virginia, Virginia". It was from the University of Virginia. Since my first name is actually Virginia I thought it would be a great shirt for me to have, plus it was cute. I ended up losing in the last 10 seconds. I emailed the girl that won and offered to pay her more for it, but she just laughed at me. Looking back on it I guess I was pretty silly, but that's the way I roll.

No comments: