Tuesday, July 3, 2007

America the Beautiful

Happy 4th of July! Ok sure, it's a day early, but who is really going to take time to sit down and blog on the 4th of July? Maybe that's not such a good questions because there is always a chance that I will, but I'm not so it's ok.

Tonight Kody and I are heading to OKC to see Chicago in concert. I don't feel prepared. I need to know the words to the songs so I can sing along, but other than "Your The Inspiration" I think I'm going to fail miserably. I'm looking forward to a nice, relaxing evening outside. I just pray that it doesn't rain! I was in Bartlesville last night, where Kody's family is moving, and I have never seen flooding like that before. Pictures don't do it justice when you see it in person. I had to run by Lowe's so I could get a RCA cord for the DVD player so I could work out. Yes, only I would be out in a flood buying a RCA cord so I could workout, but that's not the point. The point is the entire parking lot up to the sixth or seventh row was flooded. Craziness. It blows my mind how that is even possible. Mother nature is very interesting.

In honor of the 4th I thought I would give everyone some fun 4th of July facts:

1. The Declaration of Independence was adopted on July 4, 1776, but it was not declared a legal holiday until 1941! Tomorrow marks the 4th of July's 66th birthday! Happy Birthday 4th of July.

2. A representative who was passionate about the Declaration of Independence rode horseback 80 miles to break the tie in support of independence.

3. "The Star Spangled Banner" is set to the tune of the English drinking song, "To Anacreon in Heaven".

4. Uncle Sam first became popular during the War of 1812, but he wasn't adopted as a national symbol until 1961.

5. George Washington first held public office at the age of 17.

I'm craving a Cherry Coke Zero and a slice of America's birthday cake.

No comments: