Monday, February 11, 2008

My Vaccum and Whatnot

I used to think our vaccum was horrible. It always made me mad because I couldn't believe we registered for a worthless vaccum. I read all the buyer reviews online before we picked it out. I was very careful! I started to think that people who rate items online are just idiots and completely unhelpful. I never wanted to complain since it was a wedding gift and I should be grateful and all that jazz. Anyway, Saturday, I discovered after almost two whole years that it isn't the vaccum that is stuipd, it is me. Yes, I am an idiot and I will freely admit that to the blogging universe or rather the four people that actually read this on a regular basis. It turns out that HIGH carpet is not the setting you use for carpet that is covered in dog hair. You use HIGH carpet for carpet that is tall. LOW carpet is not used for carpet that is not as dirty, but rather carpet that is not as tall. Somehow I missed this during my high school and college education. They really should have a class on how to use household appliances. I also just recently learned how to use my coffee machine. Finally, after two years of frustration, I now know how to get a remarkably clean carpet using my fantastic vaccum! Thanks Bissel.

We are still waiting to find out about Kody's rotations. He was supposed to find out two weeks ago, but apparently the company the school is using is not too concerned with time limits. I'm so anxious for him to find out 1. so I can know 2. so he can plan his elective rotations and 3. so I can finish the life plan I have already started in my head. I thrive on time limits and deadlines. If i didn't have them I don't think I could function. I need structure! Kody just doesn't seem that concerned. I don't understand why. Here is a typical Kody/Ginny conversation about the topic:

Ginny: "Kody, did you find out about your rotations?"
Kody: "No." drinks his diet dr. peper while not taking his eyes off of Malcom in the Middle on TV
Ginny: "Oh my goodness, aren't you so upset that they haven't told you where you are going to be and when?" pacing around the living room
Kody: "No." takes another drink
Ginny: "Well, when are you going to know? Don't you have to know soon? Why haven't they told you? How are you supposed to plan out what you are going to do?!?!" insert panic in voice and freaky wide eyed bewildered look on face
Kody: "I don't know" continues watching Malcolm in the Middle

It is at this point that I remember that I am a freak and Kody is the exact opposite...which in turn may make him a freak as well, but on the other end of the freak spectrum. Together we make one perfect person, totally normal person.

In other news, if you live in the Tulsa area you must go to Copeland's. It could quite possibly be my new favorite eatery here in town. If you like seafood and cajun food you are in luck. Plus, they have pretty incredible looking bakery items that I have yet to try. Yum yum.

No comments: