Wednesday, February 10, 2010

And We're Going To...

MICHIGAN!

I know, brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr is the first thing that comes to mind, right? Seriously, five years of lake effects weather....I can totally handle it!

Match day turned out exactly as we expected and planned for. Luckily, Kody's preceptor in Lawton let him have the day off so we could figure things out if they didn't go perfectly...as in...we match in Tulsa. We didn't match in Tulsa. Yes, we were sad. We would love to stay. However, we were mentally prepared. We knew this meant we would be heading to Mount Clemens, Michigan.

MC was one of Kody's favorite rotations. He loved the hospital, loved the residents and it had his favorite cafeteria of all the hospitals he has been to. Very important! The area is really nice. Yes, it is a Detroit suburb, but don't worry, it is a perfectly safe little area. Lots of Super Targets around! If I can have a Super Target and a CrossFit gym I will be a happy girl. I've already started researching the CrossFit gyms in the area and it looks like there is a good one close by. Whew!

We'll be there for five years. After our five years in Michigan, Kody has committed to practice in Tahlequah, Oklahoma. They will help pay back medical school loans and it will give us a very good lifestyle/family life. We really couldn't ask for much more. We think we'll be able to live in Broken Arrow and Kody will be able to commute back and forth. I know the next five years will fly by. It will be an adventure. We are sad to leave our family and friends, but we know no matter where we are that our family and friends will always love us! We are so blessed to have so many wonderful people in our lives. Five years and we'll be home!

A Few Things I Need to Accept Before I Move:
  • I have to live in Big Ten country.
  • There is only one Chick-Fil-A in all of Michigan...in a student union far, far away. OH how I will miss your chicken-y goodness.
  • Cold. I'm going to be cold...a lot.
  • Red Acura will have to be replaced. All wheel drive vehicle here we come!
  • Bailey will never come inside again. She will just want to stay in the snow and play. My dog will abandon me.
  • Kody is going to be a doctor. Seriously? This one might be the biggest shock.
  • I finally move somewhere with a NFL team and it is the Detroit Lions...who are 2-30 over the last two years. At least they are in the NFC North with the Vikings. I can go cheer on the purple.
  • Bailey won't get to visit Midori and Honey as much. I think Midori might go into a depression.
  • The homes in Michigan just look weird. I'm sorry, they do.
  • I have to find a new job. I really like my job.
  • I might have to see Eclipse by myself. It comes out June 30th and Kody starts July 1. AHHHH!
We are really excited. I can't believe how well we both reacted. I kept praying for peace before match day and that is exactly what God gave us. We were and are at total peace with everything.

I'll leave you with parting words from the great Rolling Stones:
"No, you can't always get what you want, You can't always get what you want, You can't always get what you want, And if you try sometime you find, You get what you need."

3 comments:

Bethany DuBose said...

YEA!!!!! So excited for you guys... We have been praying for yall and knew God would take care of you two! You will have to blog all the time so we know what it is like in residency!!!!

Gavan said...

Finally a post! I've been wondering! So glad you guys are excited about everything & will enjoy this 5 year adventure!

Melody

SeekerofGrace said...

I seriously thought I commented already. I think I'm dreaming about blogging in my sleep, lol. Anyway, SO excited for you all - we will miss you! What a great adventure. :)