Monday, March 8, 2010

I Have a Love/Hate Relationship With...

...Cleaning.

I completely despise cleaning. I put it off and put it off until I just can't take it anymore and then you can't stop me from cleaning. Kody and I had a really busy weekend as usual, but we managed to get a lot done that needed to be done.

Here is a brief list of our successes:
  • All rose bushes trimmed and pretty.
  • Removed massive tree/weed that has been growing along the fence since we moved in.
  • Removed our fun outdoor gazebo that fell down and broke in the last snow/ice storm.
  • Five+ loads of laundry. Apparently there are not washers and dryers in Lawton. That was saved for me. :)
  • Put five+ loads of laundry away.
  • Vacuumed for the first time in...ohhhh....I'm not going to admit it, but it is pretty bad...
  • Cleared kitchen counter and table of piles of mail/junk. How does this stuff accumulate so fast? I swear it grows over night.
  • Removed two bags of clothing and shoes from Kody's closet to give to Good Will. Yay!
  • Mopped kitchen floor. Hallelujah!
  • Load of dishes cleaned and put away.
  • Six big bags of yard and house trash at the curb for Monday morning trash pick up. Watch out for the bags with the thorny rose bush trimmings...sorry!
A couple wonderful things about all the above. First, it was a total team effort. Kody was ready to knock it out and we got so much more done than I thought we would. Second, the house is almost in good enough shape to get on the market! We just need to do some touch up painting in a few areas and start pre-packing so the closets look extremely spacious. Oh yeah, and haul off a dead tree that fell over in the front yard. It was very sad. I love that tree.

We rewarded ourselves by watching Funny People. It isn't as "funny" as I thought it would be, but it was definitely a good flick. The back of my arms and shins look like the rose bushes attacked me....OK they actually did attack me. Who knew those things could be so vicious?? Bailey had a great time hanging outside with us in the awesome weather and chatting with the neighbor dogs. She also did some sunbathing.

I feel like a new woman. I can't wait to enjoy another evening with my husband in a nice, clean home. I'm going to miss this house when we leave.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're amazing! If you could come clean my house I'd truly appreciate it because I just have a hate/hate relationship with cleaning. Mainly laundry. And vacuuming. And dishes.