Thursday, March 11, 2010

Sectionals!

The big weekend is finally here. This Saturday and Sunday I will be competing in the CrossFit South Central Sectional held here in Tulsa, OK. I will be competing in three grueling events against thirty nine other fit and fierce females from CrossFit affiliates in New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma and Arkansas. You may recall that last May I competed in the South Central CrossFit Regional in Fort Worth, Texas. I placed 10th.

This year, CrossFit has switched up the format a bit. Now you have to go to a sectional to qualify for the regional. The top thirty men and women from our sectional will compete in the South Central Regional May 29th-30th against the top thirty from a different sectional. The top four men and women from that regional go to the CrossFit Games held in Aromas, California in July. It is a dream of mine to make it to the games. I was so close last year. This year will not be any easier. There are more great competitors and the events will be tougher.

My shoulder injury in late October kept me out of training for about three months. I was devastated because I was making some huge strides in my strength and skills. Thankfully, I have bounced back fairly well and I have high hopes for myself this weekend.

My affiliate, CrossFit Jenks, is going to represent well. We have four females and fourteen males competing! We are ready to rock! The first event starts at 8AM this Saturday. There should be updates on the sectional site or the games site.

You can go here to see what I'll be doing in a couple of the events!

So excited....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And you're going to ROCK THE HOUSE! For real! You have more drive and determination than any person I know. You WILL succeed!! :)
On a separate note...I think I have a shin splint :(

Alexandra said...

Good luck! I hate that when I leave Michigan and return to Tulsa so you can kick my heiny into shape you leave Tulsa and move to Michigan, hehe!