Thursday, June 21, 2007

Tricky Zippers

I used to get embarrassed pretty easily, I don't as much anymore. Today that is a good thing and I will tell you why. I'm wearing these really cute Capri pants. That's not the embarrassing part, unless of course I think they are cute and they really aren't. Anyway, they button and zip on the side, not the front. I'm sure you can see where this is going. After I go the restroom I always double check the side and make sure they are zipped up all the way. Zippers have a funny way of tricking me so I have to try to out smart them. Today the zipper won. I came out of the restroom and headed to the kitchen at the office to heat up my lunch. I talked to a few people, nothing too exciting and then I made my way back to my desk. I got up to refill my water bottle and noticed my left thigh felt a little cool. I looked down and , yes, my zipper was unzipped. Not a fourth of the way, not half way, but fully and completely unzipped. The zipper runs a good six to seven inches from my hip bone, so if anyone was paying attention they probably got a pretty good show. Lucky them. That is probably as close as I will ever get to a strip tease and I can't say it was too enjoyable. The truth is no one probably even noticed and I'm quite thankful for that. I'm confident that the zipper will not win again. I've experienced defeat once and I'm not a fan.

Tip of the day: Check your zipper. Even if your hot there are better ways to get a cool breeze than having an open airway in your pants.

No comments: