Friday, May 30, 2008

Aiiiiiiiiiiir Force

We arrived back in Oklahoma last night after six days on the road in Colorado for Kasey's Air Force Academy graduation. I wish I had the time to write about everything we did, but I don't have that much energy right now. I think I could sleep for two straight days. Here is a brief rundown of the week long events:

*Dinner at Casa Bonita in Denver
*Whitewater rafting on the Colorado River at the Royal Gorge
*Air Force parades wrapped in blankets
*Lots of eating
*Hanging out in Manitou Springs
*Pizza party in the hotel lobby
*Dinner and show at the Flying W Ranch
*Kasey's Air Force commissioning ceremony in the Air Gardens
*Early morning runs and workouts followed by free, hot hotel breakfast
*Air Force Graduation in the rain and President Bush's speech
*Eating some more
* A fabulous graduation reception put on my Kody's mom, aunts, and grandmothers
*Fourteen hours in the car on Thursday :)

We had a great time and got to spend a lot of time with lots of family. Since I have done the whole sha-bang once with Robin it was really neat to do it again and really soak it all in. I can't believe it has been two years since she graduated. Kasey will be doing pilot training at Vance in Enid so we'll be pretty close to him which will be fun. Congratulations to 2nd Lt. Kasey King!

Tonight we are going to Edmond for the Mark Harmon weekend. I'm basically going to hang out with celebrities and be discovered. This blog might be a big deal someday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.