Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Christmas in April

I know it is a little early to be celebrating Christmas, but not at the Littlefield offices! Today is one our co-workers 50th birthday. One of her biggest pet peeves is when people celebrate Christmas and it is too early. We decorated her office with a Christmas tree, lights, and two inflatables that go outside your home. We have also been playing the Chipmunks Christmas CD in her office. The flat screen in then entry to our office has been showing "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and we set up a nativity scene. Everyone is dressed in red and green. It has been amazing. The overcast weather today actually is making it feel a bit more "real". Personally, I could celebrate Christmas everyday so this is a big treat for me! Someone in the office stole Jesus from the manger. There are a few theories floating around the office that Jesus ran of with the wise men or rode away on a donkey. Hmmmm...

Kody starts finals on Wednesday. He will be finished with his second year of medical school in fifteen days. I'm praying that I will relax and not stress out about it for him. That is how we work, I do the stressing and he does the testing. ha!

Bible study was really great last night. I just love the fellowship and getting to know the girls better. I'm so quiet (which is so unlike me!) when I don't know people well and everyone else does know each other well. I feel myself coming out of that slowly when I am around the girls now and saying things I would say with my close friends. I'm getting so much more comfortable. It has been a long, slow process for Kody and me, but I think it is all working out really well and taught us a lot. I have a feeling we are going to have to "start over" more than a few times over the next ten or fifteen years so it has been good practice! I'm very proud of us.

No comments: