Wednesday, November 5, 2008

And Now It Is Over...

Good-bye election day! It didn't turn out exactly as I had hoped, but I am going to be positive and hopeful that everything will make a turn for the better. Kody and I were watching the results all evening. We are political nerds. Anyway, it is always interesting to watch coverage from all the different stations. I know everyone has their favorite and we definitely have ours. Maybe Obama will be able to bring the Olympics to Chicago in 2016. I have read that the other contending cities are nervous about their chances of landing the Olympics now that he has won. Interesting!

Kody started his OB/GYN rotation this week. He is on surgery this week. Unfortunately, due to a lot of junk going on with OSU Regional Medical Center, there have not been a lot of surgeries for him to be involved in. Hopefully that will change today. He has been in the clinic a lot the past few days and has seen quite a few "post birth" patients. Needless to say, he is not too excited about he idea of a "natural" birth. I won't get into the reasons why, but you can use your imagination. His descriptions are too graphic to write about.

Oh yes, one great thing that came out of the election yesterday...my uncle was re-elected to the state senate in Florida. Congratulations Uncle B! He won by over ten points. YEA! I'm encouraging him to run for senate and then president in 2016. Obama did it after he was in the State Senate and a two year senator, right? I want to run his campaign. I haven't told him that yet, but I'm sure he'll say yes! Why wouldn't he? I would be amazing. If not, I might run for office myself....I haven't decided what yet, but it will be something awesome.

No comments: