Monday, November 17, 2008

Two Ships Passing in the Night

Today is the big day. Today is the day I have been preparing myself for over the last four months. Today Kody works his first night shift! It is actually kind of exciting. He'll get to help out with actual births and c-sections this week and next. It is going to be very strange with him on this schedule. We won't get to watch our shows together or work out together. I won't eat a meal with my husband until Sunday. I think it is going to work out pretty well though. I have big goals while Kody is "away". I'm going to get our house organized! Yes, not just "picked up", but actually organized. I spent $45 at Wal-Mart during lunch buying storage containers. Enough is enough. I looked in my closet this morning and I was just disgusted. I need to get rid of about half the things I have and find places to put things that I have just been throwing in there since we moved in....two years ago. Bless my heart. The office is the real beast. I blame it entirely on Kody. It is the medical school book dungeon. Every note packet, book, test or folder from school is in there...not filed. It drives me bonkers...bonkers I tell you! No more though, after I am finished with that room it will be a paradise. My family is coming to stay with us for Thanksgiving so that is the real motivation. The office is going to be Robin's guest room. I don't want to see the judgement in her eyes if she sees the room in its current state. Love you sissy! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck with that! Since you hate Kody it will probably work out pretty well for you! :) haha