Thursday, December 31, 2009

Bye Bye Bye

Yes, this is my obligatory end of the year post. I'm sure pretty much everyone else feels the same way, but hasn't this year just flown by? For us, 2009 was filled of lots of change and adjustment. Kody spent six months away from home on away rotations. The year was filled with excitement, happiness, disappointment and struggle. We saw family members get married and friends start families. We were introduced to Glee and Adam Lambert. Twilight ignited my love of reading again. I competed in my first CrossFit competition and completely changed the way I look at food and nutrition. Kody and I both become certified Level 1 CrossFit trainers this year as well. Too cool!

Kody worked his tail off and has become smarter than I ever thought was possible as a medical student. We have watched as family members and friends of our families are serving our country at home and overseas. 2010 will surely bring deployment for more of them. They are always in our prayers. We watched the Florida Gators defeat the might Sooners in a hard fought National Title game and then lose a heart breaker to Alabama in this year's SEC Championship.

Every year has it's on flavor. Overall, 2009 was a great year. I surely can't complain. I have a wonderful husband, a great job, my health, wonderful friends and a dog that a simply adore. What else do I need? Maybe an all wheel drive vehicle....

Do you remember what you did for New Years Eve ten years ago? I was a senior in high school. I spent the evening with a bunch of wonderful girls. We spent the evening doing made up dances to NSYNC and Britney, watching movies and eating a lot. Not much has changed in ten years. I imagine I might do much of the same this evening...if only I can get Kody to get up and do some Bye Bye Bye with me...time will tell.

Happy New Year!

No comments: