Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 2

Day 2 - The Meaning Behind My Blog Name

I started this blog on March 13, 2007. I was twenty four years old. I had been married just over a year, moved to a new city and bought a house, had a big girl job, etc...however, I still felt like I was sixteen. I love to have fun and not take life too seriously. I always feel like I'm too young to be reponsible for the things I am responsible for even though I am a very responsible person. The idea of growing up is just strange....

Not much has changed over the last four years. I'm getting closer to thrity and I still feel like I should be heading to swim practice after sixth hour. The older I get the more and more I realize that I want to enjoy my life. I'm not going to let work, money and other circumstances change who I am. I have always had a very fun spirit, or at least I like to think so. Kody helps keep that going as well. We are just a silly, weird couple and I like it that way. Sometimes we look at each other and say, "are we really old enough to be doing all of this?"

I'm not afraid to admit that I love to read books like Twilight. I love fun candy like twizzlers. I still watch Saved by the Bell reruns. I don't care if I look like an idiot in front of my family, friends or complete strangers. I love going to my parent's house and feeling like I live there and I don't have to worry about a thing. All in all...I just don't feel like I'm a grown up yet and I like it that way. I hope I always feel as young and free as I do now.

No comments: