Thursday, January 20, 2011

Day 5

Day 5: Favorite Recipe

I try to eat as healthy as possible, although I have a really big sweet tooth. I'm always contradicting myself. Sorry. So, because I try to be healthy and I love sweets I am sharing a great healthy dessert recipe. It is for baked walnut cinnamon apples. It is a perfect cold weather dessert. Enjoy!

Baked Walnut-Cinnamon Apples
4 apples1 c raisins
1/4 c walnuts
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp natural vanilla extract
1/2 c water

Heat oven to 375 degrees. Core and pierce apples with a fork in several places around the center, to prevent them from bursting. Mix raisins, nuts, cinnamon and vanilla in a small bowl. Fill center of each apple with mixture. Place in a glass baking dish and pour water into pan. Cover with foil and bake for about thirty minutes or until tender. Serves four.

1 comment:

happymom said...

I do believe I will try this :) I do something similar but I kinda just make it up with ingredients I have on hand!