Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Day 8

Day 8: A place you have traveled

I absolutely love to travel. I love to see new places and experience new things. I have been lucky that I have been able to see a lot of different parts of our country. I haven't traveled outside of the United States that much, but I have a few times. My absolute favorite place I have ever been is Costa Rica!

My family took a trip there right after I graduated from college. We spent about eight days traveling all over the western part of Costa Rica. We went white water rafting and ate the freshest fruit I have ever had. We had a big twelve passenger van and a driver that stayed with us and helped us navigate. There were nine of us on the trip. We spent a few days at a volcano and hot springs resort. I remember sitting in the hot springs and looking up in the trees to see a family of monkeys above me. It was amazing. I love monkeys! The last few days we spent at the coast enjoying the beach and all that jazz.

We hiked over and active volcano, saw an amazing crater lake, took zip lines through the jungle, repelled down waterfalls, ate amazing local food and met a lot of amazing people. I hope to go back some day. If you ever have the chance to get to Costa Rica....do it. There is so much to experience and it is such a beautiful country. It is definitely a once in a lifetime kind of trip!

No comments: