Monday, October 13, 2008

Backyard Tailgate

Saturday was all about football. Kody worked all day and got home in time for the Florida/LSU game and the OSU/Missouri game. We had our weekly football gathering and watched the game at our "backyard tailgate". Here are a bunch of pictures for the day of fun. Don't forget to vote for your favorite GameDay sign! It is a close race this week!

Bailey, our little Gator cheerleader. She loves her Gator shirt that we made her. Isn't she adorable?

Erin and Cam (LSU fans) came over to watch the games with us. We gave them permission to be as rowdy as they wanted. We tried to be respectful. They brought Colt, Bailey's friend, and he sported a sweet LSU bandanna.

Our backyard tailgate. We had two TV's set up, but you can only see one. That TV had the OSU/Missiouri game. We had a flat screen with the Florida/LSU game on in the other corner. The chimenea was going so it kept us warm. Bailey slept under the table most of the evening.

OU/Texas brownies. They still tasted good despite the loss.


My Florida/LSU cake! I was very proud of this creation. Kody helped die the cake layers and he was responsible for the Tiger/Gator fight on top of the cake. As you can see the LSU side is yellow cake and the Florida side is orange. I'm so creative sometimes it scares me. Yes, the LSU side tasted just as good as the Florida side....it was just eaten at a slower rate!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow--GREAT cake and brownie. You just went all out didn't you?!

Melody said...

Looks like so much fun! Love the goodies!

Kristen Ballard said...

Ok, you don't know me, but I went to SCS and Altamesa with Kody- I was in Maggie's class. Found my way to your blog through Katie's. I am not a good blog stalker, because I like to comment.
Really cute brownies- the OU and UT look great in M&Ms, I would have been afraid they would have sank down into the batter-so cute!!