Monday, October 6, 2008

A Week of Change

Obviously we didn't get our signs posted. It seems kind of irrelevant to post them now after college football weekend. No fear, there will be more signs up at the end of the week! I was so ambitious when we started this competition! Oh yes, and Kody won the first sign contest.

Kody and I had a really busy week last week. Kody started a new rotation. He was working from 6AM to 6PM everyday. He hasn't put in many twelve hour days yet so this was a new experience. He handled it really well! I think he is enjoying this new rotation. He loves being at St. Francis. They just built a new pediatric ward. There is an Xbox in every room. That was the first thing he told me when I asked how the new rotation was. Go figure.

In other news, I have accepted a new position at a new organization. I'll post more about it later, but I start on November 3rd. Last week was really a roller coaster for me. I have never left a job for a new job without moving. This is going to be a great opportunity for me with a lot more responsibility, a shorter drive, a lot more money and really great benefits. All good things when you are supporting a medical student! Our families have both been very supportive of the move. I don't know what I would have done if it wasn't for Kody. He's been great. He is really good about encouraging me when it comes to my career. He knows how ambitious I am, but I worry so much about how other people view me or what they would think. He doesn't let me get in the way of me. :) I need that!

Saturday we traveled with my parents to Fayetteville, Arkansas for the Florida/Arkansas game. We had a great time. We were on the 5th row. Our entire section was filled with Florida fans. Albert and Alberta were both there. Albert was getting down when the band played. That gator has got some moves! I ate one of the best pretzels I have ever had and did the Gator Chomp a lot! I love being at those games. We got to see my Aunt and Uncle who flew up with some friends for Orlando. My uncle is running for re-election for the Florida State House. They took the day off from campaigning just to see us! The Arkansas fans are some of the nicest around, and I truly mean that. They all congratulated us on the win (like I had something to do with it!) and wished us a safe trip home. I'm not sure I would have been so gracious if my team had lost, but that's just me. I let myself get too emotionally involved when it comes to Florida football.

It is a wet, dreary day in Tulsa today. It's the kind of day that makes me want to curl up on the couch with hot chocolate and watch Lifetime movies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yayayaya! I hope you get some sort of benefit out of this job--like if you get to meet the Temptations you call me so I can meet them too! haha! And your seats were a little better than ours and how nice of the Razorback fans--who knew?!