Monday, February 23, 2009

Spring Cleaning

I have the cleanest, most organized garage in Tulsa. Don't believe me? Come check it out! Kody and I spent a good portion of our weekend organizing, sweeping and throwing out junk. I really should give Kody most of the credit. He worked very hard! Of course, the garage has been his workshop over the last few months and I don't know what half the stuff is that he has in there. It was honestly a disaster. Nothing was where it should have been, only one car could fit and it just annoyed me to death. I don't blame Kody one bit, it just took on a life of its own. I am a firm believer that a garage is for parking cars...not for junk! I'm sure our garbage men loved us this morning. I hope they take everything.

Next thing to tackle is the office. The office seems like it is always a work in progress. One month is is wonderful and the next we keep the door shut so no one can see inside! By the time we get it organized the way we want it we'll end up moving...I'm sure of it! I'm not the cleanest person in the world, you can ask anyone I have ever lived with. I still have stuff in my room at my parent's house that I haven't unpacked since I moved out of my apartment in college. Not lying! Anyway, I always say that I have organized piles. I can tell you exactly where everything is, it just looks messy. This weekend Kody and I both just kind of flipped out and said "enough is enough!". We both really want to be clean, but when we both don't get home until 8PM (straight from work to the gym!) each day it is really hard to get motivated to spend the two hours we are awake at home cleaning! Kody working on weekends and us being out of town never helps either. I'm going to enjoy this as long as it lasts!

Saturday Night Conversation at Red Robin:
Me: "They play really great music here."
Bobbing my head to the beat of some sweet old school tunes...
Me: "I think I should make soundtracks for a living...I would be really good at that."
Kody: "Yeah, except every movie would sound like it was from the 80's!"
He knows me too well...

No comments: