Thursday, April 16, 2009

Salsa Heaven

WOW. That is all I have to say. The salsa that I posted about yesterday turned out amazing. Kody woke up this morning and told me he was already craving dinner tonight. Yes, we are eating the same thing again. So as promised, here is the recipe since it pretty much rocked our faces off last night. Everyone must run out to the store immediately and make this tonight. You'll be happy you did. I believe this is going to make the cut for football gatherings. WOOHOO!

Tomatillo Avocado Salsa:
1 lb tomatillos, husked, rinsed and roughly chopped
1 Avocado, peeled, chopped
3/4 c fresh cilantro leaves
1 Serrano chili, chopped
2 Tbs Fresh lime juice
1 tsp salt
Place all ingredients in a small food processor or blender and puree. Serve with tortilla chips or chicken. Makes about 2 cups.

3 comments:

Melisa said...

Sounds SO GOOD!

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious--except how do you husk a tomatillo? Maybe I'll just let you make it and I'll eat it! :)

Michelle said...

I'll be making that asap, i just hate buying tomatillos, they're so expensive