Monday, September 14, 2009

I'm On a Mission...

...to clean out my closet. I'm going to donate all my clothes that need someone to wear them.

I have raided one side of the closet and pulled out items that I haven't worn in ages. I am in an awkward phase. I still have everything that I wore in college. It all still fits. It is all stuff I would still probably wear, but I don't because I have an office job. A lot of it is stuff I know I should give up. I gave myself a pep talk and told myself someone else needs this much more than I do. I've never been good about getting rid of clothes. I have some weird emotional attachment to certain items. I'm going to do my best to suck it up and do it. If I haven't worn it in the past year then chances are I probably won't next year. Right?

I went through all my drawers last week and surprisingly only pulled out a few pairs of pants to donate. Everything else is t-shirts. I love my t-shirts. I only wear about 5% of them, but I love the other 95%. They are all my old softball/soccer/swimming shirts and college (theta) shirts. I want to make a quilt of them, but heaven knows I will not be doing that myself. Anyone know someone that does that for like...ummm....free??

I told myself when Kody left that I would have this done by the time he got back. That was almost seven weeks ago. I just started. I have two weeks to go. We decided to start cleaning out the house in case we end up finding out in February that we will be moving. Hopefully if we do this now it will make moving a lot less painful. If we end up staying then I will simply have a clutter free home. Fantastic!

5 comments:

mydogumentary said...

If you have any really soft, comfy t-shirts that you still want to see every once in a while just donate it to me. And I'll wear them everytime I'm around you :) I'll be like a walking quilt!

Robertson's said...

Good luck! I am the opposite - I get rid of clothes and then wonder where I put them.

Brooke Haynie said...

if you ever have anything you want to donate and are in Edmond Capitol Hill Church of Christ could really use them. We have members who are always in need of clothing!

Michelle said...

As soon as I master my sewing skills I'll make one for you, if you buy the fabric, I plan on mastering these as soon as we move out to the country!!

katyjo30 said...

Have you tried the hanger trick? Turn all your hanger hooks the same way at the beginning of a season. After you wear that item, reverse the hanger. Everything that hasn't been turned over you have to get rid of!