Monday, November 23, 2009

Movies Make Me Read

I'm a total bandwagon book reader. "The Notebook" - Bandwagon, "Twilight" - Bandwagon, "My Sister's Keeper" - Bandwagon, "Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants" - Bandwagon. Do you notice a trend here? Yes, I read mostly books that have been or are being turned into movies because they were obviously good enough to be turned into a movie. Simple. I did read Nicholas Sparks' "Nights in Rodanthe" before I knew that was being turned into a movie so I can give myself a little credit there. I Growing up I read all the time. I loved Sweet Valley High and R.L. Stine's Fear Street books. Oh my goodness I would know the exact day the next one was coming out. I was such a nerd! Then I hit about sixteen and I quit reading. OK, I didn't quit reading, but I didn't have as much time to read. I was a busy, social high school girl.

Ten years later I have become a bandwagon book reader. I guess that is better than not reading at all. Actually, I know that is better than not reading at all. I love to read, but I just have a hard time finding books that keep my interest. There is only author I have ever discovered on my own that I really love. Her name is Jane Green. She is a fabulous British author who makes me laugh hysterically. Every woman should read "Jemima J". It is probably one of my favorite books. Seriously, go pick it up right now. If you have ever struggled with weight or been in like or love then you should read it. I'm pretty sure that covers ever woman on the planet so you have no excuse.

Yesterday I became a bandwagon reader again. I have seen previews for the new movie Lovely Bones. My friend Shawna read the book when we were in college and she always had it with her so she could sneak in reading during her free time. I thought the title was hilarious and always envisioned a skeleton dancing around. Don't worry, that is not what the book is about. Yesterday I purchased "Lovely Bones" and I have to say so far it is a very intriguing read. So thank you Hollywood for another movie based off a book so I have something to read.

P.S. Congratulations to my friend Tyler who had her baby boy Drew this morning! He is adorable and healthy and I am so excited for my friend! YAY!

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I love Jane Green. I actually just read a new one of hers but I can't think of the name...and I am to lazy to get up and look at the title. She is good though!
I love reading and wish children and adults alike read more. It is a great habit so no matter the reason that you read, I am so glad you do!
Love ya.

Trisha said...

I have to say, the Twilight books got me back into reading. I have always loved to read, but it kinda got put on the back burner with the kiddos.

Lovely Bones is a good one. You'll like it.

katyjo30 said...

I read The Loveley Bones about two years ago... I think I had false expectations about it. I, too, was envisioning bones dancing and the like! Maybe since you have seen the movie trailer, you will know more of what to expect.