Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The People's Choice

So, you probably all already know that the People's Choice Award nominees came out. I know, you have already voted because it is a HUGE deal. I don't think I have ever voted for the People's Choice awards, but today I did. I'm not sure I will ever do it again because they made me make some really tough decisions and I was simply not prepared.

Here are a few of the heartbreaking decisions they forced me to make:

Favorite Movie Actor: Johnny Depp or Ryan Reynolds
Action Star: Christian Bale or Hugh Jackman
Comedic Star: Ryan Reynolds or Vince Vaughn

There were five nominees in each category. My struggle settled at two. To most of you these might be simple or silly choices. To me, this is serious. I have a deep, deep love for Johnny, Ryan, Christian, Hugh and Vince. How does a girl choose? They can all do no wrong in my eyes. And seriously, have you seen Ryan Reynolds without a shirt lately? Oh. My. Even Kody gets a bit giddy....in a "Wow, I want to look like him" sort of way...I think. Christian and I go way back to 1992 when Newsies came out. Best. Movie. Ever. Johnny is well....Johnny. Not much more to say about him other than he is utterly fantastic in that dark way that I just adore. Hugh can sing, dance and melt my heart with his smile. Vince, well, there is just something about him that makes me incredibly happy. He's like a big, funny teddy bear.

Christian Bale and the rest of the newsboys ::sigh::


I will not divulge how I ended up voting to help preserve the anticipation that comes with The People's Choice Awards. I don't think I will ever know if I made the right choice, but sometimes we have to make tough choices in life. Today was one of those days.

P.S. Happy birthday Ashley!!!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I'm feeling flush just reading this. I will admit, I'm not a huge Ryan Reynolds fan. He just doesn't do much for me. But Christian Bale and Hugh Jackman make me feel all giggly and embarrassed. I've had a crush on Christian since Little Women. Any guy that can still be hot if his name is Laurie is a-ok in my book.

Anonymous said...

You're such a nerd...I love it! I would choose Christian above everyone else...he's H-O-T-T hot hot hot. I do love johnny though...

AK said...

Thank you for posting a picture for Newsies. Remember when we would watch it and dance around the Beverly's living room. i think there was a ladder we would climb on too.