Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Go Gators!

The past five days (before Monday) were so wonderful. Wednesday night we headed to Bartlesville for Thanksgiving with Kody's family. We got to see Kasey which was great since we hardly ever see him anymore, plus we ate a lot of food on Thanksgiving. I love holidays that encourage lots of eating, especially holidays where you celebrate multiple times with lots of eating. My parents were going to come as well, but the ended up having to stay home to take care of the Dori dog. I love her, but she requires lots of love and attention. :) I was sad they weren't there, but it was a lot of fun to be with Kody's family and EAT!

Friday we flew out to Florida. We had no problems flying which was fantastic. We rented a car in Orlando and drove to Gainesville. We saw the Disney Magical Express when we got to the airport and it made us miss Disney. I need to go back. Anyway, Florida is gorgeous so I always love driving there; lots of palm trees and greenness. My family was waiting for us at the hotel and we all headed over the The Swamp (not the field, but a sports bar) and watched the basketball game and ate. It was a lot of fun, but we were exhausted from traveling. They did have some of the most amazing spinach dip I have ever had. I think I ate the whole thing on my own.

Saturday was game day. YAY! I woke up and got in a good run (nerd) and then the whole crew headed to McAlister's for lunch. We walked all around campus, went the bookstore and bought shirts. Kody got some gator scrubs. Very cool. The tailgate started at 2 pm. My aunt and uncle had it catered and it was amazing. There were so many people and the weather was awesome. Kody and I got to see the Gator Walk. The whole team came walking into the stadium dressed in suits. We were right at the front so we had a great view. I was about 10 feet from Urban, Percy, Bubba, and Tim! Tim Tebow looked so embarrassed walking in to all the cheers. He seems very humble. I like that about him. :)

The game started at 5pm and we had great seats on the 40 yard line 19 rows up. As you can tell, we had a pretty great view of the action. The game was great. There is nothing like a game at The Swamp. I'm not just saying that because I am a Gator fan, but it's the truth. It is beyond loud and huge and full of energy. It's a very exciting environment. I couldn't have been happier to be there and see my family and see the game. I have more to write, but I don't want this to get too long, so I'll leave a few fun stories for tomorrow!

Joke from my string cheese wrapper:
Q:What do you call a sleeping bull?
A: A bull dozer.

No comments: