Thursday, December 18, 2008

Good News!

Well, My dad's surgeries and tests went very well. We have to wait until early next week to get all the results, however, the doctors are very optimistic! His tumor was very thin, .70 mm. In melanoma speak that is very small. They went ahead and biopsied a few lymph nodes. It can always spread, but normally in one that small the chances are slim that it has. We still have to be patient and wait for more biopsy results, but we are feeling much better about the outlook! I'm becoming and really always have been, a huge proponent of protecting your skin. The best way to prevent Melanoma is to avoid burns and wear at least a SPF 15. Please take care of your skin and do not wait to have something checked out if you are concerned. You can get lots of great information from this website. Read it, learn it and protect yourself and your family!

In other great news, my future sister in law, Ashely, finally posted about the proposal. I've linked her blog through her name. Go check it out and congratulate her! She has been studying n France all semester and my BIL, Kasey, flew over and surprised her. What a great early Christmas present! I've known for months and it has been killing me! I hate keeping secrets. Seriously, I am the most excited girl in the world. I feel like I got engaged again, but I don't have to go ask my parents for money to plan the wedding! WAAHOO! My goal is to eat all of her food since I didn't get to eat any of mine at my wedding. I apologize in advance Ashley.

Lastly, I locked myself out of my house this morning. Not my brightest moment. I was taking the trash out and putting some mail in the mailbox. I was very responsible up to that point. As I was walking down the driveway I thought, "Wouldn't it be funny if I couldn't get back in the house?" Nope, not funny. I never leave the house without my keys. They are always in my coat pocket, which I was wearing. Today, however, I decided to leave my keys on the counter. Oops. I had just put Bailey outside to "relieve" herself before I left for the day. She stays inside. Luckily, the backdoor was unlocked and I was able to get in. The moment of panic was stressful though. I didn't have keys, my phone and my most of our neighbors were gone for the day. I have no idea what I would have done. Maybe I could have cleaned the garage...

Here is a sweet picture of my mom and I working out at CrossFit Jenks. They posted it on their website yesterday. She worked out with me the day after Thanksgiving. Look at her row!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mom is looking GOOOOD! As are you! :) And YAY for your dad!

Anonymous said...

You are so funny Ginny! I have not planned anything yet, but I am going to plan right now to have an off-limits-except-for-Ginny section so you can relive your big day. :-) See you at Christmas!

Melody said...

So glad to hear good news about your dad. We'll keep the prayers going up!