Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Welcome Home!

Tomorrow Kody will return to Tulsa full time for a full month! I know, exciting isn't it? I'm actually going to see my husband every evening. I can't believe it has been two months that he has been gone. Sure, I saw him on weekends, but it isn't the same. Neither one of us are big "phone" people, so that was a challenge. Thankfully we are still hopelessly in love. :) Hopefully the last two months have been good preparation for his time in Michigan and Ohio during August and September. I'm going to miss him so much. So is Bailey. That dog loves her daddy.

During July Kody is taking a vacation monthly, but it will be anything but a vacation. July is board study month. He is going to be just as busy as he has been during other rotations. He takes Step 2 boards on August 11th. Everything is approaching so fast. So many deadlines, so many last chances. Our future is so unclear right now, but we are both very confident that it will all work out as it should just like it always does. Kody is also getting his CrossFit Level 1 certification in July. Very exciting!

In other news, Honey the dog (Kody's family dog) is staying with us this week while his family is on vacation. She is as cute as can be and so easy to have at the house. She sleeps through the night unlike a certain other dog that lives in our home that loves to jump on me endlessly while I sleep because she wants to chase a rabbit. Yes Bailey, I'm talking about you.

I was attacked by mosquitoes in Edmond this weekend. Yesterday I came to work covered in calamine lotion. The pink tint my skin had was just gorgeous. I am also starting to read "My Sister's Keeper". Has anyone read that? I have always heard it was good and now that there is a movie I thought I would go for it. Bandwagon! I also saw the New Moon trailer on Sunday before Transformers. Kody just kind of glared at me with annoyance as I giggled through the entire two minutes. Whatever...he will fall under the Twilight spell soon enough.

1 comment:

Mrs. Dawkter said...

We are in the same boat - my hubby just came home Friday (but he was only gone a month)... and he'll be gone for three months in the fall... gotta love medical school.