Monday, October 19, 2009

A Beautiful Day

Kody and I saw U2 in Norman last night. Please excuse how beautiful we both look in this picture.



We were in a box. You are jealous, right?



It was awesome.



I will be the first to admit I am not a crazy U2 fan. I like their music, but I don't own any of their music. However, a few of their songs are some of my all time favorites. Sunday Bloody Sunday, With or Without You, Mysterious Ways and Walk On.

I did not get to hear With or Without you because we left right before the encore. It broke my heart to leave before it was played, but I knew it was going to be in the encore and we just couldn't stay any later. Kody had to be at the hospital super early(5:30 AM), I had to drive back to T Town super early this morning (6:45 AM) and we wanted to beat traffic. It was horrible on the way there. Stupid road construction.

The show was fantastic. The set up was amazing. We were in a box (fancy, right?) so we were warm and fed the entire show. It was a great evening. Other than the fact that we walked the ramp to the suites instead of taking the elevators, I have no complaints. We were idiots. It was my idea. We definitely got our workout in for the day. My feet can feet it today. We walked it faster than anyone else there though, so I was pretty proud of our performance.

I've seen a lot of great bands and performers in my short life so far. I'm really happy I can add U2 to the list!

Now I want an Irish accent.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess we're not friends anymore...didn't know you were going to the concert and how on earth did you get in a box?

Michelle said...

hahaha, I thought about you last night, I was there, and I wondered if you were. My brother and his wife were in a box, wasn't it a great show? I don't own any of their music, but it's U2....we ALL are concert junkies, including Angela, even though she didn't go to NKOTB

Darrica said...

You do look beautiful, I'm glad you had fun! We just got back from our trip to Philly, Brent feels like the test went good. Are you still planning on going with cody? I was pretty disappointed in our trip I wish I would have just saved a lot of money and stayed home. The weather was terrible when we went.