Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Praying For...

  • Peace of mind about residency
  • Patience and trust in God's timing
  • Baby Addison
  • Military overseas
  • Those close to us who are going through cancer treatments
  • All pregnant friends and new moms
  • My shoulder to heal...quickly
Acquaint now thyself with the Lord, and be at peace; thereby good shall come unto thee. Job 22:21

In peace I will both lie down and sleep, for You Lord, alone make me dwell in safety and confident trust. Psalm 4:8

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee; the LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee; the LORD lift up His countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. Numbers 6:24-26

We are starting to get more apprehensive about residency. Are they going to tell us something early? (sometimes programs give you a heads up about what will happen on match day.) Will we have to wait until February? Every day Kody and I remind ourselves that we cannot make things happen on our own. God knows what we want, but He also knows what we need. We are doing our best to have faith in that and let Him take care of us. What is the worst that can happen? We have asked for what we want and what we feel like will be best for our family. Maybe he will say "Yes! This is what I want for you. Take this and be happy!" Or maybe He will say, "No. I am not going to give you that, but I am going to give you this. This is much better. This is MY plan for you." Of course we are making it very clear that Bailey would prefer to stay in Oklahoma rather than move to Michigan or Ohio!

What a blessing it is to have a husband who in times of uncertainty like this turns to prayer. I love visiting him on the weekends and seeing his bible on the bedside stand with pages marked. We know our hearts are in the right place.

1 comment:

Brooke Haynie said...

Thank-you Ginny!I needed that.This week hasn't been that great and today I made myself slow down and just focus on God and really try to trust Him.