Thursday, October 22, 2009

The Roof Is On Fire...

OK, not really, but I am getting a new one.

Not because of fire.

Because of hail....which occurred on my birthday of all days.

Yes, we three Kings are getting a nice new roof over our heads on Monday courtesy of the fabulous crew at Roofscapes. Our dear friend Clayton aka Pip is working for them now in OKC. They have offices in Tulsa also. If you need a new roof and you use them, tell them I referred you! I get a kick back. :) They have been AWESOME! Thanks Clayton!

Anyway, our insurance is covering the whole gig, except for our deductible of course. We have fantastic insurance through USAA. They rock. They got me a check for the roof in less than a week after the inspection. Not kidding. Now for the annoying part. The check is made out to myself, Kody AND our mortgage company. Ugh. Now I have to send a copy of my adjusters report AND the check to our mortgage company to endorse. I'm overnighting it since the roofing project starts Monday. Do you know how much it costs to overnight one measly FedEx envelope with five very thin pieces of paper?

$24!

Seriously, maybe I am silly, but that kind of blew my mind. I don't ship things overnight....ever. I was thinking maybe $8, but not $24. OK sure, $24 isn't going to break us. It really isn't that big of a deal, but wow, I was not mentally prepared for that when I printed off my shipping label!

Oh well. At least I'm getting a nice, new, beautiful roof.

No comments: