Tuesday, January 20, 2009

My Arm Hurts

Happy inauguration day! No matter what your political affiliation or opinions, today is a historic day. I didn't get to watch any of the actual inauguration because I am at work...blogging...

Last night I injured my arm, or as Kody and my dad would say my wrist extensor muscles. I was trying to learn how to do a muscle up (awesome) and I tweaked something in a not good kind of way. I can't put any kind of pressure on my right arm when my wrist is extended. Basically, if my hand is in a push-up position and I am putting pressure on it I get shooting pains around my elbow. Not fun. Kody and my dad tag teamed diagnosed me. That is pretty much how it works these days. Driving home from the gym I was on the phone with my dad repeating the words Kody told me to say...

"Dad, it hurts when I put pressure on my hand on the lateral side of my triceps"...look at Kody and continue to repeat his words..."proximal to the radial head". (Not sure if that is exactly what he told me to say, but close enough.) I'm confident that is not how I would have worded it, but my dad knew exactly what he meant. I need to go to medical school so I can actually explain my injuries to my husband and father. No worries, with some rest, ice and ibuprofen I should be good as new in no time.

In other news, LOST returns to television tomorrow night. WOOHOO! I just pray that something actually happens during this episode and I am not left thinking, "What the heck just happened?!?!". I need answers people! Where did the island go? TELL ME!

1 comment:

Michael and Katie said...

Sorry about your arm! I hope it feels better soon. I hurt my wrist today, but it was because I tripped over Macy's rocking horse - not because I was actually exercising. Michael and Macy both thought it was hilarious though. :)