Monday, January 5, 2009

The Secret Life

I DVR'ed the entire first season of "The Secret Life of the American Teenager" yesterday. I had never seen it before, but I hardly pass up a chance to watch a marathon of any show on TV. The new season starts tonight. It is on ABC Family. Nerd. Don't let the channel fool you, parental discretion is advised for this show. It is about a fifteen year old girl who gets pregnant at band camp before her freshman year of high school. Yikes! Sure, I'm past the point of needing to be scared about teenage pregnancy (for myself) and the multitudes of problems that can be brought on by having sex at such a young age. For some reason, Kody and I both just became mesmerized by this show. Probably me more than Kody, but he was more interested in it than you may think...or not. Maybe part of the reason I found it so interesting was because of my own miraculous journey into my family. The girl struggles with thoughts of abortion, adoption, should she involve the father (she wants nothing to do with him), should she marry her boyfriend (not the father, but loves her anyway) and how to tell her parents and friends. It makes me wonder what that must have been like for my birth mother and how thankful I am for the decision she made! I believe she was eighteen when I was born. Just imagine, if she had made a different decision you would not be enjoying this post today.

I still don't know what Amy (pregnant fifteen year old french horn player) is going to do with her baby, but I'm quite interested to find out.

Four days until the big game. You still have time to vote in my poll...of course I think it is a little biased because of where I live. I need to recruit more readers from Florida. Go Gators!

No comments: