Since the Olympics are starting in three days and I am a humongous Olympic freak I thought I would take this opportunity to share with you some interesting consumer habits of those who view the Olympics. This came from my daily media research brief I get from Scarborough Research:
- Almost half (49 percent) of Summer Olympics Fans visited McDonald's during the past month, making it the top restaurant for Summer Olympics Fans
- Summer Olympics fans are 22 percent more likely than the average consumer to have used Starbucks during the past month
- These fans are 25 percent more likely to have enjoyed Panera Bread.
- Summer Olympics Fans are seven percent more likely than all consumers nationally to have eaten at a fast food restaurant five or more times during the past month
- They are 15 percent more likely to have eaten at a "sit-down" restaurant five or more times during the past month.
- Among Summer Olympics fans, 22 percent are more likely than the average consumer to own or lease a Volkswagen in their household.
Link of the Day: Here is a link to an article I read this morning on John McCain's energy plan. Interesting read. http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08/05/mccain-visit-to-nuclear-power-plant-signals-all-of-the-above-approach-to-energy/