Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A Bunch of Nothing...

Today I need to do something mindless. I need to zone out and make it through the day. I have powered through nearly two hours of the work day and I need a break....so I'm blogging. I wish I had some exciting story or something insightful to write about. Honestly, I only know of about three people that actually read this so it probably doesn't matter that much. Here is a picture of Kody and I getting our box jump on at CrossFit. I'm jumping off the box and he is jumping on...that is why he looks awesome and I look like I'm falling!


Since the Olympics are starting in three days and I am a humongous Olympic freak I thought I would take this opportunity to share with you some interesting consumer habits of those who view the Olympics. This came from my daily media research brief I get from Scarborough Research:

  • Almost half (49 percent) of Summer Olympics Fans visited McDonald's during the past month, making it the top restaurant for Summer Olympics Fans

  • Summer Olympics fans are 22 percent more likely than the average consumer to have used Starbucks during the past month

  • These fans are 25 percent more likely to have enjoyed Panera Bread.

  • Summer Olympics Fans are seven percent more likely than all consumers nationally to have eaten at a fast food restaurant five or more times during the past month

  • They are 15 percent more likely to have eaten at a "sit-down" restaurant five or more times during the past month.

  • Among Summer Olympics fans, 22 percent are more likely than the average consumer to own or lease a Volkswagen in their household.

Link of the Day: Here is a link to an article I read this morning on John McCain's energy plan. Interesting read. http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/08/05/mccain-visit-to-nuclear-power-plant-signals-all-of-the-above-approach-to-energy/


No comments: