Wednesday, August 20, 2008

My 3AM Routine

Bailey likes to play a fun game at night. Well, I guess she thinks it is fun. I haven't quite come around to see the humor in it. We have a routine. I am a routine kind of gal. Every night before we go to bed Bailey has to go outside to go "be a big girl". I don't let her back inside until I have witnessed confirmation that she was indeed a big girl. Yes, I supervise her big girl time, but only because she'll try to trick me so she can come back in immediately. She prefers to be indoors to being outside...except at 3 AM. There is something special about 3 AM. She must have a secret boyfriend that sneaks in the backyard or visits on the other side of the fence. Almost every day at 3AM she starts to jump on and off our bed until someone (me) lets her out. I know, I should ignore it or lock her out of the room, but I'm too much of a push over. I used to try to sleep through it. She would jump in the middle of the bed and then jump off. She would repeat this until someone got up to pay attention to her. Pretty soon, Kody would just ignore it. He is able to do that because he can sleep through anything. My brilliant dog soon learned that jumping on his side of the bed was getting her nowhere. She started to only jump on my side of the bed about neck level. I am a very light sleeper so I wake up every time. She is persistent as all get out. I'm not sure how to stop this behavior because every time she goes out she "is a big girl". I don't want to be the cause of a urinary infection or cramping because I won't let her relieve herself, that would make me a horrible dog mom! I don't particularly mind her 3AM jumping anymore because it is kind of routine now and like I said, I'm a routine kind of gal. She also eats her food at 3AM. I think she is just weird, but I love the weirdness. It makes me happy. She is getting a long walk tonight in the hopes that she will sleep through the night. Keep your fingers crossed for me!

How could I ever tell that sweet little face no? I'm done for when I have children. Sorry Kody.

In other news: I won a $15 iTunes card at work today during our monthly staff meeting. I won it playing Olympic trivia. I really enjoy winning. I also won a plastic "gold" medal which I did in fact wear all day. It was special.

Article of the day: http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080820/ts_nm/usa_poll_politics_dc

2 comments:

Michael and Katie said...

I love the fact you wore your gold medal all day - that is SO something I would do. I love winning. My sisters and I were jogging last night and I sprinted in the last 50m so I could win and then I bragged about it to Michael. Also, I love your kitchen!

Anonymous said...

you're such a nerd...You know Lexi and Sadie occassionally (I think I used too many c's or s's or L's)get the same urge to get up in the middle of the night and YES it is ME who has to get up with them...dumb dogs :)