Monday, September 8, 2008

Back in the Water

For those of you who have asked how I am doing, I am happy to report that I am doing much better. We have currently ruled out stress fracture (thank goodness!). More than likely it is a strained nerve/muscle. I'm still banned, courtesy of my dad and Kody, from running or anything weight baring on my legs. Swimming is one of the only approved activities. I swam this weekend for the first time in about six months. My leg and hip didn't bother me at all. It actually felt amazing to be back in the water. Unfortunately, I realized how out of "swimming shape" I am. My shoulders were killing me after 200 yards. So pathetic. I swam a grand total of 1500 yards. I was tuckered out after that! Actually admitting that I was tired after 1500 yards is very sad. Hopefully, I can work back up to some decent yardage soon! My arms just need some time to get back in the groove.

Yes, I watched part of the VMA's last night. I hate that I did. Britney didn't even perform. What a waste! I do love Jordin Sparks though. If you missed it, the VMA host basically made fun of the president and the Jonas Brothers for vowing to remain virgins until marriage. Jordin let him have it. It made me smile. By the way, Jordin Sparks wears a promise ring like the Jonas Brothers. She is spunky in this clip!




Happy anniversary to The Kopy's!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

what ever happened to the cool performances like NSYNC used to do on the VMAs? Those were the good old days! Didn't it make you miss them?

Emily said...

I found myself watching last night saying the same thing, Michelle! It made me feel like an old fogy.

I do heart me some Britney though.