Thursday, September 18, 2008

Sunshine Day

I had such a wonderful lunch break today. I went to Woodward Park, which is a really pretty park near Utica Square. I spent about forty-five minutes there doing our ladies' bible study, Stepping Up by Beth Moore. Today is such a beautiful day that I figured there would be no better way to spend my lunch! It wasn't windy or hot, just a perfect, wonderful almost but not quite yet fall day. I love reading my bible outside. I honestly feel like for me there is no other place where I can focus the way I can when I am outside. I don't know if it has something to do with being "close to nature"...totally cheesy, but a valid argument. There are less distractions. No phones, no TVs, no laundry secretly yelling at me from the laundry room, "clean me!" Nope, outside it is just me and God...and the cute little squirrels running around. I just hope the weather stays this way for a long time so I can continue my outside reading.

In other news...don't forget to check my blog tomorrow to vote on the GameDay signs!

No comments: