Tuesday, September 23, 2008

OC Name Change

Yes, I already posted today, but I remembered that I actually had something important to post about! My dear friend Angela informed me about a possible name change to Oklahoma Christian University when she visited on Saturday. Read this article to get all the information. A slight change is one thing, but a drastic name change like Dr. O'Neal is proposing is something entirely different. I for one will be writing a letter to the administration to voice my opposition. I have completely turned into my mother. She is the queen of writing "strongly worded" letters to politicians, school boards, etc. I love her for it! Anyway, I really don't want to have to explain that my Oklahoma Christian is now Global Christian University and my degree really did come from a good school. There is just something plain wrong with that! By the way...dont you think Global Christian University sounds somewhat cult like? Maybe it is just me. Don't worry, there are other amazing name change possibilities. GCU isn't the only one up for grabs, just my personal "least" favorite.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just so you know they're deffering the name change for now. I'm not sure if that's supposed to be public but I just made it public...haha